CNC Set Up Machinist
Thursday, June 3, 2021
Space Machine & Engineering (SME) is currently seeking a CNC Set up Machinist to set up, operate and inspect various machined parts on multiple machining centers.
- 3:00pm-11:30pm, 2nd shift, Mon-Fri.
- Initial training will be conducted on first shift then transitioning to second shift hours.
- Machine components as instructed by the Department Supervisor
- Load programs and tools into the holders then touch off the tool length offset
- Verify quantities and additional work instructions on the shop traveler
- Maintain lot integrity by keeping individual lots separated
- Notify the Department Supervisor when shop supplies are getting low
- Safely and securely, organize assemblies in the holding bins to avoid handling damage
- Dimensionally verify assemblies are machined in accordance to the assembly print
- Review the shop traveler to verify if plated allowance is required
- Able to pick up the work fixtures offset
- Pull and prepare required material
- Check coolant levels every day and fill as needed
- 1 to 3 years of CNC machining experience or technical school certification
- Competent in measuring/checking machined parts using height gages, micrometers, pin gages and calipers
- Able to comprehend blue prints including mechanical dimensions, GD&T, plating thickness build up, and fitment of parts
- S. citizenship required
PHYSICAL ASPECTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The ability to work in a loud environment
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Eligible for 401(k) retirement plan
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid time off
Space Machine & Engineering Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.