Manual CNC Bridgeport Machinist
Friday, October 15, 2021
- Review the job traveler and assembly blueprints.
- Responsible for locating and pulling the appropriate raw materials and tools for the job.
- Verify assembly quantities.
- Perform the manual machining process safely and efficiently, producing machine parts to specification.
- Check accuracy of work against blueprints and specifications.
- Keep accurate records of work performed.
- Communicate with the Department Supervisor concerning any processing or quality issues and the Engineering Department concerning any print or process issues.
- Expected to monitor and recommend improvements to processing techniques continuously.
- Additional duties might be assigned.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, and good time management skills.
- Proficient at reading and interpreting mechanical drawings and specs.
- Proficient at using different types of inspection devices such as gauges and calipers.
- Strong mathematics, trigonometry, and GD&T skills.
- Expected to provide their own tools and fixtures.
- Attention to detail and thorough in completing work tasks in a timely matter.
- Comfortable machining different types of metals (Aluminum, Brass, and Copper).
- General knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair and maintenance.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 3+ years proven experience as a Manual Machinist.
- Achieve production/productivity goals.
- Achieve deadlines (production, reporting).
- Achieve quality standards within acceptable limits (first-pass yield).
- Occasionally be required to push, pull and move objects up to 50 pounds.
- Hearing, seeing ability to include depth perception, peripheral vision and rapid mental coordination.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Eligible for 401(k) retirement plan
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid time off
Space Machine & Engineering Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.