Mechanical Quality Inspector
Thursday, June 3, 2021
Space Machine & Engineering (SME) is currently seeking an experienced Mechanical/Quality Inspector to measure and ensure mechanical assemblies conform to engineering drawings.
- 7:00am-3:30pm shift, Mon-Fri. Occasional opportunity for overtime.
- Perform mechanical adjustment and inspection of mechanical assemblies and sub-components. Using precision measuring equipment and hand tools.
- Verify mechanical dimensions to customer prints and instructions.
- Collaborate with engineering on a daily basis to ensure product conformance.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean, safe and orderly manner.
- Operate equipment safely in accordance with SME standards.
- Complete all production and quality paperwork as required.
- Follow company COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workspace.
- Additional duties as required.
- 1 to 3 years of experience is required.
- The ability to read engineering drawings, understanding geometric tolerancing and mathematical concepts.
- Proficient in the use of mechanical measuring tools (electronic height gauges, calipers, gauge pins, etc.).
- Able to visualize axes in a 3D concept and mechanically adjust products to required dimensional tolerance.
- Strong hand-eye coordination skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and the ability to manage multiple small projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive collaborative relationship with peers and colleagues.
- Strong communication skills. Able to work as part of a team and independently.
- Experience inspecting machined parts with tolerances of +/-.002” preferred
- Experience with the AS9100 quality system preferred
- Technical certificate or engineering classes are preferred.
- Able to work additional hours when required.
- S. citizenship required.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Regularly required to stand, sit, and use both hands to bend/twist/stretch aluminum and copper tubes.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Eligible for 401(k) retirement plan
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid time off
Space Machine & Engineering Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.